Knog Scout Bike Alarm and Finder
Take Bike Security To Another Level
Knog understands that your bike is a prized possession and leaving it unattended, even when secured, can be risky. Scout provides unparalleled bike security by combining both an extremely loud 85db bike alarm function with a highly accurate bike finder, using Apple’s ‘Find My’ app. The future of bike security is here.
Once armed, any movement of a Scout fitted Bike will trigger the motion-sensitive audio alarm discouraging any further movement and alerting the bike’s owner, both by the sound of the alarm and via a notification that is automatically sent to the owner’s iPhone (when in Bluetooth range).
Then in a scenario where a bike fitted with Scout is not where the owner has left it, it can be quickly located using Apple’s network via the ‘Find My’ app.
• Compatible with iOS only
• Motion-sensitive 85 db audio alarm for immediate deterrence
• Can be located quickly using Apple’s ‘Find My’ app
• Operated using Knog’s iOS app
• Mounts to standard water cage braze-ons
• Can be mounted under water cage for discretion
• Use supplied anti-tamper screws to mount securely
• Neon silicone cover provided to advertise security device (if desired)
• Arm / disarm using button (within 1.5 m) or app within bluetooth range
• LEDs show alarm status & battery charge
• USB-C rechargeable with 6 month battery life (cable not included)
• Water resistant IP66 rating (wash-proof)
• Weighs just 25 grams
If you want peace-of-mind that you’ve done everything you can to secure your bike, Scout is an essential piece of kit.
Dual Function LEDs
Scout feature’s dual function LEDs that show at a glance if the Scout is alarmed. The same LEDs display the charge status of the battery.
Arming Scout Is Quick & Easy
Arming or disarming the Scout alarm is made simple and can be achieved in two ways; via the button on the side of the device when the connected iPhone is in close proximity (< 1.5 m) or via the Knog app when the device is within Bluetooth range.
Mounting & Securing
With Scout, there’s the choice of overt or discreet security. To advertise that the bike is fitted with Scout, simply use the neon yellow silicone cover provided. For more discreet security, attach Scout to the bike via the bottle cage mounts using tamper-proof security screws without the cover.
Mounting With A Bottle Cage
Scout’s extremely low profile and compact design allows for it to be neatly bolted and hidden underneath a bottle cage. This is a great way to keep Scout hidden.
Weight: 25 g / 0.88 oz
Rechargeable: Yes, via USB-C input
Water Resistant: Yes, IP66
Run-Time: 6 months
Battery Indicator: Yes
Charge Time: 4 hours
Dimensions: 10.7 x 2.5 x 0.8 cm / 4.2 x 1.0 x 0.3 in
Operating Temperature: -20 to 50 °C / -4 to 122 °F
Compatible With: iOS only (iPhone, Apple Watch & iPad)
Operate Using: Knog App