Do you provide free servicing with every bicycle?
Yes, at George’s Bike Shop we provide 12 months of FREE servicing with every new bicycle purchased. We generally recommend that you bring the bicycle back after a couple of months for a general tighten up and adjustment. There is also no restriction to the amount of free servicing you can have in the first year. After the first year of free servicing runs out we provide a 20% discounted rate for the service of bicycles that have been purchased here as a loyalty bonus to customers.
What is your Shipping and Returns Policy?
• All transactions are process in Australian Dollars (AUD$)
• We offer FREE postage and handling for all orders over $99
• Orders of $99 or under will incur a postage and handling fee of $9.95
• A signature will be required on receipt of all orders delivered
• If you are not home when delivery occurs a calling card will be left and your order will be made available for collection at a nearby Postal Office
• If you choose not to have a signature on delivery and you have requested the item/s to be left unattended we will not be held responsible to any loss or theft that has occurred
• You cannot order any bikes online and we will not ship any bikes so please do not ask
• Where possible we will dispatch orders the same day
• If your order cannot be dispatched the same day it will be sent the following business day
• If there is a delay in processing your order we will notify the customer via phone call or email with an updated dispatch date
• Delivery times will vary depending on your location though you can expect to receive your goods within 2 to 10 working days from dispatch date
• Please note some remote locations may take longer than 10 working days
• If you believe you have not received your order within reasonable time frame please inform us so that we may follow it up
We are only shipping to Australian customers only with an Australian address and will not ship any item internationally. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause though we encourage people to support their local businesses and country of residency.
If for any reason you have made the wrong selection or your goods are not suitable you may return them for a refund or exchange of product. Please note we will only accept returned goods if they are in their original packaging and have not been opened or damaged in any way shape or form. If the goods are not in their original packaging and have been opened or damaged in way shape or form a refund or exchange will not be given. All costs associated with returning the goods to our store is the responsibility of the customer. Please contact us straight away upon delivery of the goods if you wish to initiate a return.
We highly recommend any parts be fitted by trained mechanics or a competent person in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications as your warranty could and may be voided for incorrect installation or incompatible parts being used. We cannot and will not be held accountable or liable for any damage occurring to your bicycle or warranties being voided whilst fitting parts that are not fitted by us in-store. All product information including but not limited to product details, specifications and suitability of use are provided with the best information we have available at time of upload. We do not take any responsibility for mistakes made during publishing of our website though if you are unsure about any of our products please do not hesitate to speak with a member of our staff who will be able to assist you. All goods supplied are covered by the normal manufacturer’s warranty. If an item has failed that you believe should be covered for under a warranty claim, please contact us immediately. Please note that with all warranty claims we will need to engage the manufacturer or wholesaler directly and the item inspected before we can proceed any further with either a repair or replacement.
What is the warranty on a Giant Bicycle?
The warranty information can be found on pages 40-42 of your Giant Bicycle Owner’s Manual that you will receive with every new bicycle purchased. A copy of the warranty information from the Giant Bicycle Owner’s Manual has been listed below.
IMPORTANT: Write down your Giant bicycle model and serial number for your records. Check with your Authorised Giant Dealer to determine the serial number location. Put your receipt of sale or proof of purchase in this manual for your reference. This record will also help you with any police investigation or insurance claim.
NOTE: Giant Bicycle, Inc., cannot guarantee individual records of serial numbers. If there is a loss or theft, your personal records will be needed. Your bill of sale should be kept for any warranty service.
Position of the Frame Serial Number
You will find the frame number of your Giant bicycle on the seat tube near the bottom bracket shell (crankset housing), on the underside of the bottom bracket shell or on the left rear dropout (rear hub).
Giant warrants for the original owner only the frame, rigid fork, or original component parts of each new Giant brand bicycle to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the following specified periods:
Warranty of lifetime for-
- The bicycle frame, except on models intended for downhill purposes.
Warranty of ten years for-
- Rigid forks.
Warranty of three years for-
- Frames on models intended for downhill purposes.
Warranty of one year for-
- Paint finish and decals
- All other original parts, including rear shock linkages, but excluding non Giant Brand parts, suspension forks and rear shock absorbers. (All non Giant brand parts, suspension forks, and rear shock absorbers shall be covered exclusively by the stated warranty of their original manufacturer.)
REQUIRED ASSEMBLY WHEN PURCHASED
This warranty applies only to bicycles and framesets purchased new from an Authorised Giant Dealer and assembled by that dealer at the time of purchase.
Unless otherwise provided, the sole remedy under the above warranty, or any implied warranty, is limited to the replacement of defective parts with those of equal or greater value at the sole discretion of Giant. This warranty extends from the date of purchase, applies only to the original owner, and is not transferable. In no event shall Giant be responsible for any direct, incidental or consequential damages, including, without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, product liability, or any other theory.
The above warranty, or any implied warranty does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear on parts such as tyres, chains, brakes, cables and gearwheels in situations where there are no assembly or material defects.
- Bicycles serviced by other than an Authorised Giant dealer.
- Modifications from the original condition
- Use of the bicycle for abnormal, competition and/or commercial activities or for purposes other than those which the bicycle was designed.
- Damage caused by failing for follow the owner’s manual.
- Paint finish and decal damage resulting from taking part in competitions, jumping, downhill and/or training for such activities or events or as a result of exposing the bike to, or riding the bike in, severe conditions or climates.
- Labour charges for part replacement or changeover.
Except as is provided by this warranty and subject to all additional warranties Giant and its employees and agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including incidental and consequential loss or damage caused by negligence or default) arising from or concerning any Giant bicycle.
Giant makes no other warranties, express or implied. All implied warranties, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are limited in duration to that of the express warranties stated above.
Any claim against this warranty must be made through an Authorised Giant Dealer or distributor. The purchase receipt or other proof of the date of purchase is required before a warranty claim may be processed.
Claims made outside of the country of purchase may be subject to fees and additional restrictions.
Warranty duration and detail may differ by frame type and/or by country. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from place to place. This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
What is the warranty on a Micro Scooter?
Micro® products are guaranteed against manufacturing faults for two years from the date of purchase.
If the product has a manufacturing fault we will repair it or send out spare parts free of charge. If not practical to repair it we will, at our discretion, replace the product.
If the product fails due to wear and tear, accident, neglect or negligence, or if it is outside the warranty period, we will happily repair it for a reasonable charge.
Who is covered? The original purchaser, who bought the product from an authorised dealer. Proof of purchase is required.
What is covered? Workmanship or materials that are deemed faulty, providing the product has been used at all times in normal conditions, properly maintained and in accordance with the instructions.
What is not covered? Second hand product, modified or altered product, poorly maintained product (left outside), normal wear & tear (Any damage, failure or loss caused by accident, misuse, neglect, abuse, theft, or failure to follow instructions or warnings in owner’s manual), wear and tear on wheels (flat spots, worn down polyurethane etc.) improper or abnormal use: not following instructions, excessive load, transport damage i.e. airline or freight damage, cosmetic issues such as fading or scratches from normal wear, or any other cause not arising from defects in material and workmanship.
Customer costs within warranty. The customer is responsible for any inwards freight charge to return a product for warranty and or service.
Customer costs outside of warranty. Where proof of purchase is not provided or a product is outside of the warranty period, the manufacturer’s representative reserves right to charge a service fee and/or charge for parts replaced/repaired. A return freight charge may apply.
Exclusions. Any consequential loss or damage to any person or property directly or indirectly as a result of using product.
Do you have a lay-by option available?
Yes, we have a lay-by service available for people who would like to make payments instead of using credit cards. There is generally a 20% deposit required and a total of 3 month repayment terms for each lay-by.
What credit cards do you accept and are there any surcharges?
We accept most major cards such as;
- American Express
We also like to look after our customers so we DO NOT charge any credit card surcharges whatsoever for any cards including American Express which is great if you are looking for some more frequent flyer points.
What types of bicycles and scooters do you sell?
At George’s Bike Shop we sell a variety of different bicycles, scooters and BMX’s. Our main brands are Giant Bicycles, Micro Scooters, Kink and Wethepeople. The reason for carrying these brands is for the quality of the product and the product support provided by each of the manufacturers.
Do you have all models and sizes of the different bicycles in store?
Our website shows all of the different models and colours of the bikes for the current model year. Although we do try to keep this as up-to-date as possible, there are some instances where the bike will not be available due to delays in stock, models running out or during the model year change over.
It is advisable to ring and check to see if we have the bike in your size that you are looking for or pop in to our store to speak with a member of our staff.