2022 Giant Trance X 29 2 (Metallic Black)
Chunky rock gardens, roots and technical climbs. This hard-charging trail bike adapts to the terrain, giving you the confidence and control on all types of singletrack.
Engineered to help you ride faster and smoother on the toughest trails, this versatile trail bike has a lightweight, strong and stiff aluminum chassis with 29er-specific geometry. Updated Maestro rear suspension delivers 135mm of active rear travel that pairs perfectly with a 150mm fork. The Advanced Forged Composite rocker arm has a flip chip that allows you to adjust frame geometry. Choose steeper or slacker headtube/seattube angles and either a 30mm or 40mm bottom bracket drop to adjust the handling for your riding style and terrain.
• Frame: ALUXX SL-Grade aluminium front and rear triangles, 135mm Maestro suspension, flip chip, 12x148mm thru-axle
• Fork: RockShox 35 Gold RL, 150mm, 44mm offset, 15×110 Maxle Stealth
• Shock: Fox Float DPS Performance
• Shifters: SRAM SX Eagle, 1×12
• Rear Derailleur: SRAM SX Eagle
• Crankset: SRAM SX, 30t S:165mm, M:170mm, L:170mm, XL:170mm
• Brakes: Tektro Orion 4 Piston Hydraulic Disc, Fr: 203mm, Rr: 180mm
• Seatpost: Giant Contact Switch dropper, remote
KEY PERFORMANCE FACTORS
• 29er Confidence and Control: 29-inch wheels optimised to roll over technical terrain with balance and stability, giving you more momentum on tricky climbs and confidence to fly on fast singletrack descents. Added clearance for up to 2.5-inch tyres.
• Progressive Suspension: Maestro rear suspension features a trunnion mount shock with a longer stroke and smoother feel. With 135mm of full rear-wheel travel (and 150mm up front), it features an Advanced Forged Composite upper rocker arm for increased stiffness and strength plus lower overall frame weight.
• Adjustable Geometry: A flip chip lets you change the headtube and seattube angles, along with the bottom bracket height, to fine-tune the handling. You can choose the low position (65.5/77.2 head/seattube angle and 40mm BB drop) for fast, open terrain, or high (66.2/77.9 head/seattube angle and 30mm drop) for slower, tighter singletrack.
For full specifications please click on ‘Download Product Specifications’
It’s true that Giant is the world’s largest producer of high-quality bikes, but they never forget where we came from. Giant started small, and were founded on the idea that the best way to inspire passion for cycling is to create the best products, and make them accessible to all riders.
Ride Life. Ride Giant.