2022 Giant Trance 29 1 (Phantom Green)
Turn up the heat on technical trails, and do it with more confidence and control. Featuring updated suspension and adjustable geometry, this feisty 29er adapts to the terrain.
This versatile trail machine is built on a lightweight, stiff and super-strong ALUXX SL frameset that blends the latest Maestro suspension technology with adjustable frame geometry. The Advanced Forged Composite rocker arm has a flip chip that allows you to adjust frame geometry. Choose steeper or slacker head tube/seat tube angles and either a 35mm or 45mm bottom bracket drop to fine-tune the handling for your riding style and terrain. It’s designed around a 130mm travel suspension fork, and the overall geometry has been tuned to maximise its performance on rugged trails.
• Frame: ALUXX SL-Grade aluminium front and rear triangles, 120mm Maestro suspension, flip chip, UDH hanger, 12x148mm thru-axle, 55mm Chainline
• Fork: Fox 34 Performance, 130mm, GRIP damper, Boost 15×110 Kabolt, 44mm offset
• Shock: Fox Float DPS Performance
• Shifters: Shimano SLX SL-M7100, 1×12
• Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX RD-M7100
• Crankset: Shimano SLX, 30t S:165mm, M:170mm, L:170mm, XL:170mm
• Brakes: Tektro Orion 4 Piston Hydraulic Disc, Fr: 180mm, Rr: 180mm
• Seatpost: Giant Contact Switch dropper, remote
KEY PERFORMANCE FACTORS
• Adjustable Frame Geometry: New flip chip feature lets you change the head tube and seat tube angles, as well as the bottom bracket height, to fine-tune handling for varying trail conditions and individual riding style.
• 29er Confidence and Control: Larger 29-inch diameter wheels optimised to roll over rough terrain with balance and stability, giving you the momentum to tackle technical climbs and the confidence to fly on fast, rugged singletrack descents.
• Progressive Trail Design: Lightweight ALUXX SL aluminium frameset features a longer reach and steeper seat tube for aggressive trail riding and improved climbing capabilities. Updated Maestro rear suspension features 120mm of rear wheel travel paired with a 130mm fork up front.
For full specifications please click on ‘Download Product Specifications’
It’s true that Giant is the world’s largest producer of high-quality bikes, but they never forget where we came from. Giant started small, and were founded on the idea that the best way to inspire passion for cycling is to create the best products, and make them accessible to all riders.