Giant Bicycles – 2021 Giant Trance X 29 2 (Basalm Green/Black)
Chunky rock gardens, gnarly roots and steep, technical climbs. The all-new Trance X 29 is for those who consider the hardest section of trail their favourite part of the ride. With longer suspension travel and adjustable geometry, this aluminium trail slayer delivers hard-charging singletrack fun.
Engineered to help you ride faster and smoother on the toughest trails, this all-new 29er has a lightweight, strong and stiff aluminium chassis with 29er-specific geometry and a plush ride thanks to its advanced new suspension setup.
Longer travel Maestro suspension delivers 135mm of active rear travel that pairs perfectly with a 150mm fork. The Advanced Forged Composite rocker arm has a flip-chip that allows you to adjust frame geometry and tailor the bike’s handling to your riding style and terrain.
Choose steeper or slacker headtube/seattube angles and either a 30mm or 40mm bottom bracket drop to adjust the handling for your riding style and terrain. It’s all built around 29-inch wheels and lots of clearance (up to 2.5-inch tyres) for maximum control on rugged trails.
• Frame: ALUXX SL grade aluminium, Maestro 135mm travel w/flip chip, Boost, ISCG 05
• Fork: Fox Rhythm 36 Float, GRIP damper, 15x110mm Kabolt Axle, OverDrive steerer, 150mm travel, Boost
• Shifters: Shimano SLX, 12sp
• Crankset: Shimano SLX, 30T
• Brakes: Shimano MT520 hydraulic disc, Fr: 203mm, Rr: 180mm
KEY PERFORMANCE FACTORS
• 29er Confidence and Control: 29-inch wheels roll over rough terrain with balance and stability, giving you more momentum for technical climbs and the confidence to fly on fast, rugged singletrack descents. Added clearance for up to 2.5-inch tyres.
• Progressive Suspension: New Maestro rear suspension features a trunnion mount shock with a longer stroke and smoother feel. With 135mm of full rear-wheel travel (and 150mm up front), it features a two-position adjustable Advanced Forged Composite flip-chip equipped upper rocker arm for increased stiffness and strength plus lower overall frame weight.
• Adjustable Frame Geometry: Lightweight ALUXX-SL frameset features adjustable geometry that offers 66.2 or 65.5-degree headtube and 77.9 or 77.2-degree seattube angles, resulting in 30mm or 40mm bottom bracket drop options for aggressive trail configurations.
For full specifications please click on ‘Download Product Specifications’
It’s true that Giant is the world’s largest producer of high-quality bikes, but they never forget where we came from. Giant started small, and were founded on the idea that the best way to inspire passion for cycling is to create the best products, and make them accessible to all riders.
Ride Life. Ride Giant.